Not much available yet, sorry! Some day, we might write something useful, but
we'd rather work on the code instead...
There's some more information in the actual source package (see the
download section), if you haven't got it yet,
you should start there.
If you have major problems or want to help developing STonX, you should
perhaps consider joining the STonX mailing list.
There are still quite a few of them. Some of the more annoying ones are:
- The Dfree() function returns incorrect block sizes on some systems; it
doesn't even compile on others. Thanks, POSIX for not standardizing this!
- The Xlib-VDI driver has plenty of bugs and shortcomings.
- The Unix filesystem interface can't deal with mixed upper-/lowercase
- Audio doesn't work properly yet on most systems.
Most other problems are due to missing features. The warnings about
missing or unknown keysyms can be eliminated by fixing the "Keysyms" file
to work with your display.
STonX has been originally written by Marinos "Nino" Yannikos and
Martin D. Griffiths.
Since the beginning of 2001, STonX is developed by a new team.
This team mainly consists of (random order):
- Alex Bennee
- Markus Kohm
- Till Harbaum
- Thomas Huth
The following people are some of those who contributed to the STonX project
- Tony Smolar -- Maintained of the FAQ and the inofficial STonX homepage
- Hans Groenewold -- Program testing and new keyboard code
- Juergen Lock -- Bug fixes and FreeBSD patches
- Bernd Paysan -- Xlib-VDI patches
- Hansjoerg Opperman -- NeXT testing and bug fixes
- Richard Jelinek -- Many useful suggestions
- Frank Naumann -- Many bug reports
- Michael Hohmuth -- Suggestions, Bug fixes
- Michael Ritzert -- Contributed code, testing and fixes
- Gard Eggesboe Abrahamsen -- Early testing over the Net
- Ofir Gal -- Author of GEMBench (useful for debugging and benchmarking)
- Des Herriot -- Author of xzx, helped me with sigaction()
- Uwe Seimet -- Helpful suggestions, early testing
- Thorsten Otto -- Contributed many bug fixes in the GEMDOS routines,
worked on 68020/030 emulation etc...
- Christian Felsch -- Wrote some of the MiNT-to-Stonx communication routines.
- Frank Wille -- Patches to get STonX working on Irix 5.3
- Gabriel Huertas -- Spanish keysyms file.
(and several other people I forgot or neglected ;-))
Thanks! Without you, STonX would be much further from where it should be
by now! :-)
And also thanks to the stonx-development Mailing list for their interesting
and inspirering discussions.